I love that Mothercare is a one stop shop whether you’re getting ready for baby’s arrival or kitting out for your ever-growing kid. Yesterday I went along to Mothercare’s Spring/Summer 2017 press day revealing some of its new lines coming out early next year. Their new motto and hashtag is super-inclusive #Welcometotheclub. It’s exciting that Mothercare is also my #Blogfest16 sponsor (they’re a fab team).
Here’s seven things I loved about Mothercare’s Spring/Summer 2017 collection…
1. My Rainbow Baby with Tommy’s campaign…This caught my eye as I walked in. The campaign is launching in mid-February 2017 with the My Rainbow Bodysuit. A Rainbow Baby is a baby born following a miscarriage or still birth. Why a rainbow? Mothercare explains that after a storm, a bright rainbow appears and gives hope of things getting better. The proceeds from sales will support the charity Tommy’s to carry on with their critical care they provide for newborns and their families.
2. Little Bird by Jools Oliver…In Spring 2017 we will see Jools Oliver’s first maternity range for Mothercare. I love the bold retro prints and twinning options. The range also features some gorgeous maternity dungarees and a denim skirt (mama to be and bump basics!). One of my Little Bird favourites for baby was this colourful playsuit.
3. Smile by Julien MacDonald…Serious cuteness for both the boys’ and girls’ wardrobes. Did you see my post the other day on why I love cross body bags? Yes toddlers are too young to have proper handbags of their own but check out this t-shirt with its very own cross body bag. I love it and hope to add it to Toddler Munch’s wardrobe next Spring. The boys’ t’shirts were fun and dapper too.
4. More My K by Myleene love…You many have seen my previous blog posts on the My K by Myleene Autumn/Winter 2016 kids range and her talk at the Mothers Meeting. The Spring/Summer collection is just as cute. Perfect for those mamas and daddas who love a bit of monochrome in their kids’ wardrobes. I’m obviously loving the leopard print additions for next season. There are more cute and empowering mottos like happy and Queen Bee. It was nice to see Myleene talking to Cherry Healey about her new MyK range.
My daughter has the My K by Myleene tutu and it’s fun to wear with anything. Check out the leopard print velcro trainers in the new range – sneaker envy!
5. Maternity denim just the way you’d normally wear it…The Blooming Marvellous range was gorgeous and didn’t look like typical maternity wear. The maternity t-shirts are modern and edgy. Their denim range is pretty hot. Abi, Press Manager for Mothercare, told me how they’ve been collaborating with Blooming Marvellous for ages. For the next season, Blooming Marvellous has incorporated more denim washes, on-trend raw hems and the ripped look. Abi explained that Blooming Marvellous wanted to provide a range of jeans similar to the jeans women would normally wear. Oh and not forgetting the jersey jumpsuit. I was tempted to try this on even though I’m not pregnant. It looked super comfy.
6. Dinosaur love…I’ve found that a lot of kids’ clothes brands haven’t clicked onto the fact that girls love dinosaurs too. So it was cool coming across this dinosaur top with its I think you’re Dino-mite slogan. This is now on the wish list for Big Munch who is starting to learn her tyrannosaurus rex from her diplodocus.
7. Grobags with a touch of Orla Kiely…Grobags are a well-loved piece of kit in our house. It was great seeing some new designs. I love the bold and retro feel of the Orla Kiely designs. A gorgeous way to jazz up baby’s nursery.
Keep an eye out on the Mothercare website for their new range over the coming months. We also had fun checking out the Early Learning Centre toys downstairs. I loved the red bus kids’ furniture range. Check out their current 3 for 2 toys offer until 14 November 2016.
So, what are your favourites from the Mothercare Spring/Summer 2017 range? What are you looking forward to the little ones wearing when it’s Spring? Leave a comment below and share the Mothercare love…
If you would like to make a donation to Tommy’s you can text ‘Baby £3’ to 7007, visit Tommys.org or call 0207 398 3400
See you again soon. Off to pack my handbag for #Blogfest16….x Sunita