I first heard about Milly’s Kidchup through her husband DJ Spin Doctor (Rod Gilmore who featured on the Daddy Cool series). He mentioned how Milly was working on this new kind of ketchup. A healthy one for kids. Milly is a fab mama who has been featured on the Lucky Things Inspire series. Although she’s busy with her day job and looking after their son Archie, she’s managed to produce Kidchup.
Most kids love ketchup don’t they? So do grown-ups. It adds a bit of sweetness to our food. It’s like a treat. Here’s seven things we love about Kidchup….
1. It doesn’t contain any salt. It’s something I’m happy to give Big Munch and Toddler Munch with their meals. It’s hard to find a ketchup that doesn’t contain zero salt. Most ketchups available in the supermarkets are low-salt. Ingredients are tomatoes, organic apples, organic vinegar, organic onion powder, organic garlic powder, organic spices, lemon juice, organic vanilla bean and olive oil.
2. Kidchup doesn’t contain any sugar like a lot of ketchups. Yes it’s fine if kids have foods with a bit of sugar but I prefer to keep sugar content down in foods where I can. To give it a bit of sweetness, Kidchup contains organic apples. Something u never expected to find in ketchup! Big Munch loves ketchup with her scrambled eggs, frittatas or fish fingers so I’m relieved I’ve found a healthier alternative.
3. It’s made in Milly’s home kitchen. I love this. As Milly is quite a perfectionist she ensures that the taste and quantities of ingredients are just right.
4. It’s not just a sauce! We love using Kidchup as a base for our Hello Kitty pizzas. We use wraps and cut out triangles for the ears. Then Big Munch sprinkles on the grated cheese before they go in the oven for a few minutes. Hello Kitty’s bow can be made out of Kidchup too.
5. Milly also reminded me that Kidchup can be used as a spaghetti sauce base. It’s a nice alternative when you just want to add a bit of flavour to the girls’ pasta rather than cooking up a batch of bolognese sauce.
6. Kidchup is also great with chicken. Milly is an amazing cook and often features cool recipes on her blog. Milly also has a fun Halloween (or everyday) creepy Kidchup fingers.
7. If Big Munch keeps asking for more ketchup I don’t mind as Kidchup has a great flavour with healthier ingredients.
Milly’s Kidchup can be bought online here. Don’t forget to sign up to Milly’s new recipes over on her blog.
What do you like eating with ketchup? Any recipes you like making with a decent tomato sauce? Leave a comment below and share the Kidchup love…