My close ones know how much I love blogging. It’s a great hobby for me and suits my creative side. So far it’s been a great experience. I loved talking at the Sorting Self event on the Beginner’s Guide to Blogging at the start of October. Cat who runs Sorting Self researched what people wanted to hear about at her events and blogging was one of the top topics. We had a full house and they asked me and Vicki from Lifestyle Maven some great questions. Another post on the top tips from this bloggers’ event will appear on Lucky Things soon.
I’m so excited about the first Lucky Things Meet Up. I’ve arranged this London event for InstaLadies and bloggers in October, where I’ll be doing a talk on confidence. Talking about my own blogging advice at the Sorting Self gathering also reminded me why blogging makes me smile…
- Sharing things that we love doing…Whether the blog post is about things to do, our little family or me, it’s always fun sharing fun moments and ideas for keeping everyone entertained. As mentioned in the Welcome page, Lucky Things is about talking about things we enjoy as an individual as well as a family.
- Sharing top tips…From what to pack in “your time to have baby” hospital bag to getting everyone ready in the morning, I’ve talked about what I’ve found helpful or what little tricks help me to get organised. I really enjoy writing posts on wellbeing in the hope they encourage others to look after themselves amongst our busy lives.h
- Sharing experiences.…For me, the blog isn’t about trying to capture some image of an ideal life. It helps me to talk about the more trickier times in life. Whether it has been about our IVF journey or dealing with any low-times as a family, I’ve been able to share my experiences. The response to some of my blog posts has been quite overwhelming. Even if someone hasn’t experienced what I have gone through, followers have shown empathy.
- You get to meet so many people…Yes a lot of this is online. It is not as weird as it sounds as you actually become part of different supportive communities. You come across everyday inspiring people. I’ve been lucky to have met up with lots of fellow bloggers and Instagram friends. The other evening I went for a coffee (well cake and chips) with the lovely Cee from Hey Is That Me. She was a great listener and very supportive. It’s a lovely thing when you meet people for the first time. There is a real collaborative spirit and you know you can always contact them for advice or feedback on ideas. It’s cool I also get to feature Inspire interviews with inspiring people on Lucky Things.
- Blogging has encouraged me to increase awareness about different things…Writing about our IVF story and the baby blues were a huge thing. It felt good to know that maybe I might be helping one person with their own journey or story. I launched the Time to Shine series so others can increase awareness about topics close to their hearts like the one by Vicki from Confessions of a NICU Mum.
- I get to write lots of lists…I love a good list. Lots of my blog posts are based on “7 top tips” or “7 reasons why..”.
- There is always something to write about…Each day new ideas for blog posts pop up. I don’t think having a narrow niche would suit me. I am not just about being a mama. I am not just about fashion and food. My career has been pretty diverse. Like me, my blog is about enjoying a real mix of things.
I’m sure I could list more, but I’ll stick to seven things for now. I’ll be writing more posts on blogging tips so keep an eye out for them on Lucky Things.
So over to you…if you write a blog what makes you smile about blogging? What makes you smile when you’re reading other people’s blogs? Share what you think and leave a comment below.
Catch up again soon x Sunita
If you like the sound of the Lucky Things Blogger series, you may also enjoy reading