I first came across Chriskitch when it first opened in Muswell Hill in North London about 3 years ago now. It was my first maternity leave. Me and my local NCT buddies loved checking out new places where we could happily chat and eat. I arrived at Chriskitch and we managed to get the big table at the front. I think Chriskitch had only been open a week at the time. It was the end of the day and the owner Chris kindly let us try lots of their salads for free (a perfect treat for us newbie mummies!)
I love that Chriskitch’s motto is “more than food”. There are loads of good eateries in Muswell Hill but Chriskitch always stands out. The food is superfresh, colourful and salad combinations are inspiring. The sweet treats on display always look beautiful. I know it’s still a hot spot for weekend brunch too. Since opening in Muswell Hill, Chris published his wonderful cookbook Chriskitch – Big Flavours From A Small Kitchen. Then on top of this, he’s recently opened another Chriskitch restaurant in the heart of Hoxton, London. Here’s what Chris had to say to Lucky Things blog… (oh and don’t forget to enter the free giveaway for a meal for 2 at Chriskitch Hoxton!)
Where do you live and what are your 3 favourite things about your home and local area? I live in Bounds Green. I love the sense of community on the street as we have a street party every year, which we always look forward to. Our little garden; my wife Bibi is a keen gardener. Broomfield Park is amazing, I take the kids there to play whenever I can.
Who do you live with? I live with my wife Bibi and our two beautiful daughters, Kayah and Olena.
What encouraged you to start your own business? A combination of things, it was the right time in my life, a connection with people, I didn’t want to work in a machine and I wanted to add my own personal touch.
What challenges did you have to overcome to get it going? Paperwork!
What is the inspiration for your recipes? A single ingredient like broccoli or tomato, the way the plate a looks, the way the weather is, if it’s sunny…
What advice do you have for parents and carers who want to encourage the little people to have fun with food? Let them get dirty, let them have fun with food.
What’s your motto when things get a bit tough? Toughen up.
What’s your favourite childhood memory? My grandma’s roast chicken and chips
What would your dream weekend be? Working in the kitchen with my wife and children
What tunes are you listening to at the moment? Chilled Ibiza
What are your some of your lucky things? I don’t believe in luck, I believe the harder you work, the better you become.
Chris has kindly provided Lucky Things blog with the giveaway of a meal for 2 people to celebrate the opening of Chriskitch Hoxton. This could be an amazing me-treat, whether it’s an excuse for a date night (or a mate-date). Each guest can enjoy a two course meal up to the value of £35 (including a bread selection, a starter and a main course). Lucky Things followers in the UK can enter this giveaway until 12am on Thursday 21 July 2016.
Giveaway terms and conditions (the boring bit, but please read!)
- Entrants will need to enter via the Rafflecopter link on this post.
- This giveaway is a meal for two people at Chriskitch Hoxton. Each person can enjoy a two course meal up to the value of £35 (including a bread selection, a starter and a main course from the a la carte menu). The winner or guest will be responsible for paying for additional items on their bill over the amount of £70 such as drinks, other courses, side dishes and service charge.
- The winner for the giveaway will be selected randomly by the Rafflecopter app.
- Closing date for entries for the giveaway is 12am on Thursday 21 July 2016.
- The winner for the giveaway will be notified within 2 days of the closing date. The winner must respond within 3 days of receiving the email to claim their prize before another winner is selected.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway raffle via Rafflecopter. This giveaway prize has been provided to Lucky Things blog free of charge.
- The competition for this giveaway is open to entrants based in UK. Entrants must be 18 years and over. All entries will be verified.
- Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information on the form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.
- Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions about this giveaway.
- Lucky Things blog will notify the team at Chriskitch of the winner’s name.
- The winner should then make a reservation directly with the Hoxton restaurant.
- Chriskitch Hoxton is open Tuesday to Saturday 6.30pm until 10.30pm.
- There is no time limit to book the meal reservation but we recommend you enjoy this meal giveaway within a 3 month period of being notified that you’re a winner (so that you get to enjoy the amazing food and we get to hear all about it!)
- We would love the winner of the meal to Tweet, Instagram or Facebook a photo of their meal (and of themselves if they wish!) using the Twitter tags @Chriskitch_ and @luckythingsblog or Instagram tags @chriskitchfood and @luckythingsblog